Carrie Birmingham Consult Ltd needs to gather and use certain information about individuals. These can include customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees and other people the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact.
This policy describes how this personal data must be collected, handled and stored to meet the company’s data protection standards — and to comply with the law.
Why this policy exists
- Complies with data protection law and follows good practice
- Protects the rights of customers and partners
- Is open and transparent about how it stores and processes individuals’ data
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach
Data protection law
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), Carrie Birmingham Consult ltd is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 10274331. We are a registered data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA263841. Our data controller is Carrie Birmingham.
Personal Information we collect
This policy applies to all staff and all contractors, suppliers and other people working on behalf of Carrie Birmingham Consult Ltd. It applies to all data that the company holds relating to identifiable individuals. This can include:
- Names of individuals
- Postal addresses
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Results of personality profiling tools (MBTI, OPQ)
- plus any other information relating to individuals
Details of our processing
Carrie Birmingham Consult Ltd processes personal data only where the purposes are justified on the basis of our legitimate interests in running and promoting the organisation; we will not send you marketing communication unless you have provided us with your explicit consent.
We will retain data only for as long as is legally required and will not use personal data for purpose beyond the original intended processing purpose.
- As an individual whose personal data is processed by Carrie Birmingham Consult Ltd, you have:
- the right to be informed – which is what this policy is for
- the right to access the data we hold about you
- the right to object to direct marketing, through contacting us directly
- the right to object to processing carried out on the basis of legitimate interests
- the right to erasure (in some circumstances)
- the right of data portability
- the right to have your data rectified if its inaccurate
- the right to have your data restricted or blocked from processing
To exercise any of these rights or if you feel they have been breached in any way, please contact Carrie Birmingham. You can lodge an official complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website (https://ico.org.uk) or by writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
As outlined above, all individuals who are the subject of personal data held by Carrie Birmingham Consult Ltd have a right to access the information held about them. This is known as a right of subject access. Subject access requests from individuals should be made by email, addressed to Carriebirminghamconsult@gmail.com. The data controller will provide the relevant data within a month.
Where data is stored on paper, it is kept in a secure place where unauthorised people cannot see it. Data printouts are shredded and disposed of securely when no longer required.
When data is stored electronically, it is protected from unauthorised access, accidental deletion and malicious hacking attempts by:
- Data is protected by strong passwords that are changed regularly, and can only be accessed by a personal login
- If data is stored on removable media (like a CD or DVD), these are held securely when not being used.
- Data is only stored on designated drives and servers, and is only uploaded to an approved cloud computing services.
- Data is backed up frequently and the back up is held securely.
- All servers and computers containing data are protected by approved security software.
The law requires Carrie Birmingham Consult Ltd to take reasonable steps to ensure data is kept accurate and up to date, these include
- Data is held in as few places as necessary.
- We take every opportunity to ensure data is updated.
- Data is updated as inaccuracies are discovered. For instance, if a customer can no longer be reached on their stored telephone number, it will be removed from the database.
Website Visitors & Cookies
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. We anonymise this data at the point of collection and automatically delete user and event data that is older than two years.
Unless you have set your browser to block cookies, this site will place the following cookies on your computer:
|Necessary Cookies||PHPSESSID||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||cookiesAccepted||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||cookiesAcceptedYouTube||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Analytical cookies||'_ga','_gat','_gid'||Analytical cookies for us to better craft the user experience based on your page view experiences.|
|YouTube||'GPS','PREF','VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE','YSC','remote_sid','nextId','requests'||Used by YouTube for delivering video and content on the website|
|DoubleClick||'IDE','test_cookie'||Used by DoubleClick and YouTube to deliver advertising on video within the website|
Disclosing data for other reasons
We do not trade personal data for commercial purposes and will only disclose it if required by law, necessary to arrange your event attendance, or where applicable with your consent. If you have a data protection query regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact Carriebirminghamconsult@gmail.com